September 2009-April 2011


Monday, May 17, 2010

Mulé de Arjenteena!!

OH my goodness that is hilarious with Hestons hair cause I swear every kid here has it as well!! (Sam cut Heston’s hair into a mullet for a day - GROSS!) It’s exactly like that a thick mohawk! hahahahhaa... the little boys grow up to be grown guys wearing them.

I love RAMOS!! It is amazing here... with my little comp Hermana Salazar! She doesn’t speak a lick of English so that’s good! ahhaha then I won’t be tempted to revert back in my own tongue and get the gift of tongues in more progress! I do feel like I have improved with the language.. I just keep on going and keep on talking and I know the lord will use me where he wants to. The church is right in the middle of the rich area and then there is a highway that is close by. On the other side we have kind of a ghetto area, but its all good... its the west side of the highway! watch out!!! There is a kid that was recently baptized and he comes with us during the lessons... we were pretty good this last week.
This next week I want to try some more areas where we found a lot of people the other day. I swear Hermana Lopez drilled in me exactly what I needed before I left her and the area. The ward is great too! There are a lot of members that can come with us. This transfer we are trying to focus on members that relate to the investigators in some way... like if its a teenager then we would want to bring someone around their age that would be able to befriend them! hermana salazar is wonderful, everyone loves her here in the ward.. we laugh a lot together! The bishop in the ward is really young like in his 30´s and has two little children. He seems like he is going to be great to work with and our mission leader as well. There are a lot of families in the ward that are from all parts of South America, like Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, and Uruguay, all sorts of different people here!

I enjoyed this last week... it flew by way fast!!! There is a park as well that is right next to the train and buses that we contact a lot of people! It’s going to be a good transfer... the more I get into the mission the more I don’t want to leave it. It has shown me how ingrained the gospel is in my life and our familys. How I’m so grateful mom and dad for both of your examples.. and look at the fruit that is coming out of it! president benton is a wonderful president, I think he will be higher in the church after his calling here... he truly is amazing.. and his wife. Buenos Aires West is the Best!!! I love you all and have great week and happy birthday JAKE from last week!!!! oh I loved your pictures too of Sam at the temple!!! I love my family soo much... never forget that !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment