September 2009-April 2011


Monday, October 4, 2010

Hello fambam!!!

What a beautiful general conference weekend we had! We were getting everyone prepared to come and listen to the great talks and the familia Escobar all came on Sunday and so did this guy we invited to get baptized Matias.. I dont know if I mentioned a him before but he showed up one time to church and then we didn't see him for like two months. One day we saw him at a bus stop so we rushed over to him and got his number to call. We have been teaching him for a couple of weeks. its hard to get a time with him to teach but on Friday we invited him to be baptized on the 17 of this month and then promised him he would receive a lot of answers at conference! So he came and loved it! The Escobar family is progressing as well! All the kids want to get baptized. The mom too but she wants to wait for her husband so this week we are going to work hard to get them all on the 10! our dia de diez!

The Cardozo family could not come to conference cause Alejandro fell again at work and hurt his other knee. Their little daughter is really sick too. The doctors don't know what she has but she dropped a lot of weight already. I felt bad they weren't able to come and hear the prophet and conference. We also had this guy we found in the plaza last week that wants to change his life so we invited him to baptism. On Sunday we met up with him in the morning and told us he didn't want anything more to do with the church. His sister said all of it was from the devil. hahaha. but we helped him calm down and then he came to conference and loved it! The talks were perfect for us and for others who came especially on Sunday. We are so blessed to have a living prophet and apostles. I was reading this morning in jacob 4 how he says we gain the hope from revelation and that revelation comes through the prophets and servants of the Lord. What a great feeling we can have at this time in our lives. I know without a doubt Thomas S. Monson is called of god. We have the truth. It breaks my heart to see so much confusion in the world but I know what I'm doing is right. I used to be so scared to share my testimony but now here I am in a total different country with a totally different language sharing it everyday! haha i love it!! its exactly where my father in heaven wants me. its not easy pero vale la pena!

We had a funny experience on Saturday, we helped our zone leader's investigator take a bus at the plaza so we bought lunch and were eating there. Hermana Godfrey had a hotdog and I got a hamburger. I had eaten half of it and then this homeless looking guy came up to us walking kind of drunken, pointing, and asking for our food. So Hermana Godfrey lifted up the quarter of her dog to give it to him and he said no and then pointed to my hamburger... so I gave it to him and he went on his way enjoying my half eaten hamburger... Hermana Godfrey afterwards said she was offended that he didnt want her food. hahaha. so it was a good laugh. i felt bad as well for him. To be that desperate for food to ask for what others had already eaten.
I love you all and hope you have a great week! Be good and listen to the prophet!

No comments:

Post a Comment